The APICS certification program, Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM), is recognized worldwide as the standard of professional competence in production and inventory control, supply chain management, and enterprise operations management. By earning the CPIM designation, individuals validate their knowledge and skill set in the field of operations management. Obtaining an APICS certification shows a commitment to the profession that leads to a sense of accomplishment, demonstrates value to the employer, enhances earning potential, and provides a path to career advancement.
Since 1973, more than 80,000 professionals have earned the APICS CPIM designation.
Individuals who obtain their CPIM designation gain:
- Specialized skills that boost productivity, collaboration, and innovation
- Knowledge of how to positively affect lead times, inventory, productivity, and profitability
- Expertise that leads to greater confidence, recognition, and professional success
Employers who encourage and support their employees in obtaining their CPIM designation:
- Enjoy a skilled workforce that is better prepared, more knowledgeable, more capable, more productive, and able to contribute to a successful bottom line
- Validate the knowledge and skill set of their employees leading to productivity improvement in the workplace
- Achieve competitive advantage in the marketplace through a highly trained, confident, and productive workforce
Benefits of CPIM
A CPIM education can help you to:
- Increase your functional knowledge of production and inventory management.
- Improve efficiency across the processes of your organization’s supply chain.
- Streamline operations through accurate forecasting.
- Predict outcomes more accurately.
- Maximize customer satisfaction by delivering products and services Just-in-Time.
- Increase profitability by optimizing your organization’s inventory investment.
- Enhance your credibility among peers, employers, and customers.
Who should earn the CPIM designation?
A CPIM education is essential for professionals involved in:
- Production and inventory management
- Supply chain management
- Materials management
The CPIM module courses are the right place to start!
The APICS CPIM designation is earned upon successful completion of exams covering the following five modules.
- Basics of Supply Chain Management
- Master Planning of Resources
- Detailed Scheduling and Planning
- Execution and Control of Operations
- Strategic Management of Resources
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE CPIM PROGRAM http://www.apics.org/careers-education-professional-development/certification/cpim